SWEETCORN FRITTERS WITH TOMATO SALSA
Approx 12 Fritters
A new staple and one that goes with pretty much everything! Ideal for Brunch, Lunch or Dinner.
3 eggs, separated
1tbsp chopped chives
100g self raising
Salt and pepper
1 tin of sweetcorn
Ingredients for the Tomato salsa:
1 clove garlic, crushed
1tbsp olive oil
1tbp balsamic vinegar
To make the salsa: cut the tomatoes in half and then add the garlic, olive oil, chopped mint, balsamic and sugar. Mix well and leave aside for 30 minutes.
- For the fritters; drain the sweetcorn and then place into a food processor and whizz until broken down but still chunky.
- Place the yolks, cornmeal, flour and seasoning into a bowl and then gradually add the liquids.
- Mix until very well combined.
- Add the chives, sweetcorn and seasoning.
- Whisk the egg whites with electric beaters until medium peak.
- Carefully fold through the egg whites until combined.
- Heat some butter into a frying pan and when foaming, add spoonfuls of the mixture and allow to cook until golden on both sides.
- Depending on the size they may need a little further cooking in the oven for a couple of minutes.
- Serve the fritters with some tomato salsa.