A delightful sweet preserve that will tingle the tastebuds!
- 1kg Seville oranges
- 2 litres water
- 1 1/2 lemons, juiced
- 750g soft brown sugar
- 750g caster sugar
- Halve the oranges and juice them. Pull away any white pith and pulp and reserve along with the pipsthese contain pectin, which is what makes your marmalade set.
- Finely slice the leftover skins and place into a heavy bottomed pan with the water and orange juice.
- Place the pips, pith and pulp into a muslin cloth and tie to secure. Place the muslin bag into the pan and bring to a simmer. Cook for 1 hour.
- Stir in the sugars and keep simmering for a further 15 minutes until completely dissolved. Keep stirring to avoid the sugars from sticking and burning.
- Take the pan off the heat then cover and leave to set overnight.
- Spoon the marmalade into sterilised jars and seal.