SALMON FILLET ON SPRING VEGETABLE RAGOUT WITH NEW POTATOES
Spring on a plate! A delightful simple supper.
4 baby leeks
120g peas, blanched and refreshed
120g broad beans, blanched and refreshed and removed from shells
120g soy beans, blanched and refreshed
4 new potatoes cooked until tender
300ml crème fraîche
1 small bunch watercress, chopped
2 tbsp chopped chives
1tbsp chopped dill
Zest of 1 lemon
Salt and pepper
2 salmon fillets
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add salt.
- First of all put the potatoes into the pan and give then about 15 minutes cooking time.
- Then add the broad beans, followed by the peas and soy beans about 4 minutes later.
- For the last minute, add the leeks and cook for a further minute.
- Lift all the vegetables out and place into cold water.
- In a large pan, place the crème fraîche and heat until liquid.
- Add the vegetables and reheat.
- Add the watercress and herbs and lemon zest and mix well.
- Leave to one side to reheat later on.
- Dust the salmon with flour and tap off excess.
- Heat a frying pan and add 1tbsp oil.
- Add the fish, skin side down and fry for 2 minutes.
- Place on a baking sheet skin side up and cook for 8 minutes.
- Reheat the vegetables and serve with the salmon fillet.