ROASTED FIG, GOATS CHEESE & PUY LENTIL SALAD
WITH AN ORANGE & THYME DRESSING
Fresh and zesty, this makes a wonderful side salad or starter.
½tbsp brown sugar
Ingredients for the dressing:
4tbsp olive oil
2tbsp orange juice
1tsp maple syrup
2tbsp cider vinegar
Zest of 1 orange
1tbsp chopped thyme
- Make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients.
- Place the lentils and the stock into a small pan and cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain from excess liquid and then whilst still hot, add the spinach, stir well and then pour over the dressing, season and leave to cool.
- Cut the figs into ¼’s and place in a frying pan with the sugar and vinegar.
- Cook on a high heat until caramelising.
- To assemble the salad; crumble the goat’s cheese and add to the lentils.
- Pile high on a plate and top with the figs.