rhubarb & blood orange almond pudding
The perfect citrus and tangy pud!
6 sticks rhubarb, cut into small pieces.
2 blood oranges, de skinned and cut into segments.
1 tbsp grated stem ginger
110g caster sugar
2 eggs, beaten
90g ground almonds
30g self raising flour
Almond essence, drop of
Handful of flaked almonds, to garnish
- Segment the oranges and then leave to one side.
- With the remaining orange parts, squeeze into a pan. Add the chopped rhubarb and the ginger and cook on a medium heat for about 8-10 minutes until softening.
- Place into a dish and add the blood orange segments.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Slowly add the eggs in about ten additions.
- Stir in the flour, almonds and almond essence.
- Spoon on top of the fruit, sprinkle with flaked almonds and place in an oven for 30 -40 minutes until feels spongy.
- Serve with some clotted cream.
Note: This dessert is ideal to do in little ramekins as individual portions. If this is the case it will probably take 25 minutes to cook.