plum & orange chutney
A delicious spiced chutney, served best with oatcakes and a mature cheddar.
5 plums, destoned and chopped into small pieces
1 cooking apples, peeled and chopped
2” inches root ginger, grated
100ml cider vinegar
100g caster sugar
Juice and zest of 2 oranges
- Place the plums, apples, ginger, and vinegar into a pan.
- Bring to a simmer and cook gently for 25-35 minutes until very soft.
- Add the sugar and juice of the oranges, add the zest.
- On a low heat allow the sugar to dissolve and then simmer for 30 minutes until thickened.
- Spoon carefully into hot clean jam jars and cover with a lid.
- Leave to cool and store in a cool, dark cupboard for up to 6 months.