peking duck pancakes
A twist on the duck pancake - use with crepes for a Chinese New Year / Pancake Day fusion.
20 ready made pancakes
2 large or 4 small duck legs
½ cucumber, julienned
6 spring onions, julienned
200 ml plum or hoisin sauce
- Preheat the oven to 200c/400f.
- Roast the duck leg(s) for 30- 45 mins until cooked through and the skin is crispy.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Slice the pancakes in half.
- Shred the duck meat and mix with the sauce.
- Place a few strands of cucumber and spring onion in the centre of each pancake half, top with a small spoonful of duck and roll the pancake over the filling to create a cornet.
- Serve immediately.